May is just a few days away, which means that Mother’s Day is just around the corner..
We know that chocolates and flowers are great, but we’ve put together our ultimate gift guide in hope that we can inspire some great ideas for gifts this year.
We love a good coffee table book, and some we currently have on our wish lists include:
- Chyka Home ($39.99 RRP at Farrells Bookshop, Mornington)
- The Magnolia Table ($39.99 at Angus and Robertson – available from May 3rd)
If books aren’t your thing, jewellery is always a winner.. Some suggestions include:
- Earrings from Liz and Olive (various prices – lizandolive.com.au)
- Necklace and charms from Kirstin Ash
- Personalised jewellery that includes their child’s name or finger print
As mums, we always love some time out and relaxation, and vouchers from the any of the following are always well received:
- Massages and facials (somewhere like Endota, or for a visit at home, try Relax and Unwind Massage Therapy)
- Peninsula Hot Springs
- Hair salons
- Bath salts for relaxing bath at home (try Eau Mornington Peninsula)
While we definitely wouldn’t say no to a beautiful bunch of flowers on Mother’s Day, an alternative is indoor plants.. Some suggestions include:
- Fiddle Leaf Figs
- Bird of Paradise
- Peace Lily
If your budget is a little higher, a weekend away will always be a hit- whether it’s a family weekend, or a girly getaway.
We also suggest organising brunch or lunch for mum (to be honest, anything she doesn’t have to cook/think about herself is going to be something she’ll love) and the family. Our local favourites include:
- Barmah Park (Moordooduc)
- Ad Hoc (Mt Eliza)
- Red Gum BBQ (Red Hill)
- The Epicurean (Red Hill)
Regardless of what you buy/organise for mum this Mother’s Day, the one gift she is bound to love is the handmade gift from her child, or the one they have picked out themselves at the school Mother’s Day stall.
Happy Mother’s Day from Two Travelling Planners!
Bree & Malene x