International Women’s Day is a great reminder of why we need to support one another throughout the highs and lows of life – whether that be through motherhood, business, or just the day to day activities.
We are both raising strong, independent girls, who we hope will continue to support and encourage one another, and those around them, as they progress through their education, teen years and adulthood.
In a world where women have had to fight (and are continuing to fight) for equality in terms of education, employment and political rights, it is important to remind our girls why it is important that they maintain their friendship and continue to support one another.
These are some of the reasons we found:
- girls compete with each other, women empower one another
- one woman’s success is inspiration for another
- it’s almost always true that everyone we meet is fighting a battle we know nothing about
- sometimes we forget how much we can influence one another – together we’re capable of extraordinary accomplishments
- when we work as a team, we’ll get sh*t done and it’s destined for nothing but greatness
- strong women stand together when things are tough, hold each other when they need help, and laugh together when there’s no reason to. They simply have a good time together
Let’s continue to raise our strong, independent girls, and continue to support one another through all the highs and lows of life.
Happy International Women’s Day!!
Bree & Malene x